Job Title: Torte Department
Status: Part-Time – 20-30hrs
Shift: 1st Shift (4:00am – 12:00pm)
- Responsible for the daily production of pastry/torte items for all the various F&B departments, retail bakery and special take out orders as directed and instructed by the pastry chef and production bakery manager.
- Assisting hands-on in producing the daily pastry/torte needs of all the user departments.
- Able to work on products in an orderly fashion as directed and finish assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work area in accordance with the guidelines established by the Saginaw Health Department.
- Demonstrates a “clean as you go” attitude in regards to daily sanitation.
- Maintains a safe work area, free from spills and clutter that may cause a slip or fall.
- Maintains an orderly cooler and freezer using proper and approved methods to secure and keep products in a fresh state for use on a future date.
- Willing to learn and demonstrate proper pastry and culinary techniques as directed by the Pastry Chef in an on-going manner.
- Must be able to read/understand and follow recipes/procedures. Includes ability to do basic business math in order to expand or reduce recipes.
- Assists in the coordination the daily requisition of orders from the various user departments and organize their production – at times in the absence of the Pastry Chef.
- Attends departmental meeting and other such sessions as directed by the Pastry Chef and Production Bakery Manager.
- Helps and assists in other areas of the production bakery as needed or as assigned by the Bakery Production Manager.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Ability and availability to work a variety of shifts and days.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Have a Serv Safe food handler’s certificate or agree to take the course and pass within six months.