By Al Zehnder, CEO of Zehnder’s of Frankenmuth
For the past 18 months, we have been working on expansion plans for Zehnder’s Splash Village. I am excited to tell you that those plans will soon become a reality. If all goes according to plan we will break ground in September of this year to begin construction on a waterpark and guest room addition that will include:
• 29,000 square feet of additional waterpark space all enclosed in an atrium type building with a retractable roof – the only one like it in the Midwest.
• A four story – four person family raft ride
• A zero entry pool featuring water geysers, water basketball, water volleyball, floats and various family water activities.
• Private cabanas
• A large family hot tub
• An outdoor family activity pool
• Increased locker room space
• An expanded arcade
• Increased concession area
The project will also include 32 additional rooms, many of which will have a panoramic view of the new waterpark. When complete, Zehnder’s Splash Village will be one of the few indoor waterpark hotel facilities with two distinctive waterparks.
We anticipate creating nearly 70 new jobs and be open by late Fall of 2014. This project is a significant step toward Zehnder’s goal of becoming a four season, family vacation destination.
I look forward to keeping you updated on our progress!
Al Zehnder, CEO of Zehnder’s of Frankenmuth