Kitchen Preparation and Employee Safety Precautions
Employee Guidelines & Expectations
• All staff will be required to participate in ServSafe COVID-19 Class
• Wash hands prior to shift, before and after completing
tasks or breaks.
• Employee subject to health and/or thermal screening by security before entering.
o Health and safety questions.
o Thermal checking.
o Cleanliness and appearance checking.
• Employee denied entrance with temperature of 100.4 or more.
• No employee is to enter rear entrance if not scheduled.
• All employees that have had close contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 must be tested and diagnosed negative (with proper documentation) before re-entering the building.
• Renewed focus on documentation for call ins/illness reports.
o Specific questions for specific symptoms.
Sanitation Expectations & Sanitation Staff
• A predetermined person(s) will be responsible for sanitizing touchpoints throughout the main floor and lower level kitchens during the hours of operation
• During return to work re-training, staff will be informed of the need to:
*Each employee will be trained to properly wear a mask at all times.
- Wear gloves when handling Foods
*Enhanced sanitation practices in all areas
*Avoid touching face, mouth, nose, eyes, etc.
*Cover mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, change mask after either
*At a minimum, wash hands for 20 seconds every hour
*Wash, rinse and sanitize equipment after each use and work area after each shift.
*Encourage “stations” in work areas to stay 6 feet apart.
*When necessary, have employees work side by side versus face to face
*Change serving utensils, sanitation water and towel every hour, this will coincide with hourly food temps.