By Al Zehnder, CEO of Zehnder’s of Frankenmuth
[PHOTOS] Whether it’s appealing to changing dining habits of our guests or just making a seasonal change, our culinary team is constantly researching, refining and developing items for our lunch and dinner menus. We generally make changes to our menus three to four times per year.
If you haven’t been to Zehnder’s recently you will notice the following changes:
Zehnder’s Luncheon Menu
• Chicken Schnitzel Wrap – we use our own chicken schnitzel, toss it with our house-made avocado ranch dressing and a mix of fresh greens and fresh tomatoes all wrapped in a soft flour tortilla.
• Toasted Chicken Club – this is our new version of a classic sandwich. It has one third less carbs (by removing the middle piece of bread) but still retains all the great taste as the original; stacked with sliced chicken, tomato, bacon, lettuce, and mayo. I mean really; how many of us want three pieces of bread in a sandwich anyway?!
• Margherita Flatbread – we are constantly developing new items for our vegetarian section, this is the latest. It’s a wood-fired flatbread topped with roma tomatoes, sliced mozzarella, our house-made basil pesto and drizzled with a balsamic glaze. Of course, you can add chicken!
• House-made Potato Chips – made fresh every day and sprinkled with our Chicken Seasoning, they accompany five of our sandwiches. These are really great!
Zehnder’s Dinner Menu
• Braised Pork Shank – this is the only change made to our dinner menu. Developed by our own Chef Lance Buchinger, it’s a one pound pork shank slow braised with fresh herbs and vegetables. Finished with a Burgundy wine-demi glace, presented on seasonal Risotto. Very good!
If your travels bring you to Frankenmuth, please stop in and enjoy one of your favorites or give one of our new items a try; they’re all Pure Michigan! You can view all menus here.
Hope to have you back soon!
Al Zehnder, CEO
New Menu Items: