Department: Splash Village Food & Beverage
Position: Food Production Supervisor – Elf Hollow Café / Mushroom Grille
- Develop and administer labor schedules to insure proper coverage in all areas.
- Utilize Predictive Index to determine proper staff placement.
- Demonstrate high level of customer service and support “Every Guest Leaves Satisfied”.
- Develop and maintain stock levels for goods needed.
- Directly participate in and oversee production of food requirements.
- Plan and prepare meals for staff of Splash Village.
- Maintain labor and food costs according to budget established by F & B.
- Daily communication with management and supervisory staff of F & B both verbal and written.
- Ability to work together and communicate procedure changes throughout the F&B area.
- Maintain area’s sanitation in accordance with MI Depart of Health.
- Maintain and control a “Safety First” program within production area.
- Taste, observe, correct, instruct, critique and show by example the culinary techniques necessary to maintain culinary standards and procedures.
- Actively involved in the operation of the dish working area insuring safe handling of equipment and chemicals.
- Is an active participant in the accurate recordings of monthly inventories.
- Upholds food quality and presentation to Zehnders standards, always looking for improvements.
- Counsels staff and assists in overseeing the employee evaluation process.
- A participant in staff training to assure staff is ready to be on the floor as business dictates. Putting together training guides/programs for specific areas.
- Attend departmental meetings as required by management as well as attend various food shows and classes offered.
- Meets regularly with F&B Management team discussing business levels, resolving conflicts, and any other situations that may impede the department’s development.
- Reports directly to BOH Manager, acts on behalf of and in absence of BOH Manager.
- Work special events, groups throughout Zehnders as needed.
- All other duties as assigned or directed.
Physical Requirements: Ability to stand for long periods of time and the ability to lift 40 lbs.
Educational Requirements: High school diploma, completion of the ServSafe Sanitation Course, 5 years experience in high volume food production on a supervisory level or an Associates Degree in Culinary Arts and 2 years experience in high volume food production.