By Al Zehnder, CEO of Zehnder’s of Frankenmuth
As I travel and dine in various restaurants across the state, there is one resounding theme among operators; there isn’t a lack of business just a lack of employees. Many restaurants find themselves in the unenviable position of having to cut back hours, open fewer days and limit dining capacity.
While we are in generally good shape in most of our departments, and could use employees in each division, our greatest need is filling our server positions.
If you are a server at Zehnder’s here’s what you can expect:
• Premium Wages. Our server staff is currently reporting an average combination of tip and wage of $25.00 per hour. And that’s just average!
• Zehnder’s pays credit card gratuities the same day. Many restaurants pay credit card gratuities one or two weeks later.
• Zehnder’s servers keep 100% of the gratuities they receive. No split or pooling of tips.
• No prior server experience required; we provide all the training.
• Flexible scheduling. We work around your schedule, i.e., school, childcare, other obligations, to make it convenient for you to work.
• Employee meals are free of charge each day you work.
• Minimal side work (15 minutes or less) at the end of your shift. No cleaning, vacuuming, table set up, dining room set up, etc., at the beginning or end of your shift.
• You receive our 30% employee discount immediately on your first day of employment.
While being a server isn’t for everyone you may know someone for whom it may be a great fit. If you are interested or have someone in mind, have them contact our Human Resource Department at (989) 652-0447 or (989) 652-0424. You can also email direct at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Looking forward to welcoming you to the team soon!
Al Zehnder, CEO
VIEW ALL OPEN POSITIONS BELOW