Posting Date: 9/18/2016
Job Title: Server
Department: Food & Beverage – Main Floor Dining Rooms
Shifts: 12:00-8:00pm 4:00pm – Close
• Prepares for customer’s arrival in Dining Rooms or for private parties:
o Determines their table assignments.http://www.zehnders.com/wp-admin/post-new.php#post_status
o Sets tables by placing silverware at settings.
o Ensures table has table-tent, bar menu, salt & pepper, and seasonings.
• Serves dinners and beverages to customers:
o When party has been seated takes bar and beverage orders and serves them.
o Takes dinner orders, answering questions regarding menu items as necessary:
o Maintains thorough knowledge of menu items and beverage in order to assist customer with selections.
o Delivers orders to the kitchen.
o Serves dinners according to procedures outlined in training manual; refills beverages and water glasses as necessary.
o Clears table and presents dessert trays for dessert selection.
o Serves dessert, refills beverages and water glasses as necessary.
o Presents check, confirms amount given to pay the check and takes to cashier for guest.
o Clears table upon departure of customer.
o Resets table for next customer.
Observes all customer service standards set by Zehnder’s.
• Assists in cleaning at end of day:
o Clears all tables of dishes and silverware.
o Changes linens, sets up tables for next day according to procedures in
o Replaces sugar, salt, pepper, side dishes and ash trays.
o Sweeps floors in dining areas when necessary.
o Cleans the waitress service area, beverage service areas, and employee
• Assists in maintaining clean and sanitary work areas at all times and eliminates or reports unsafe conditions when necessary.
• Works in a safe manner at all times and eliminates or reports unsafe conditions
• Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
Physical Requirements: Ability to stand and walk continually.
Educational Requirements: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Age Requirements: Must be 18 years of age or older.