Department: The Fortress
Function: Groundskeepers, under the supervision of the Assistant Superintendent or Crew Chief, are responsible for the day to day care and maintenance of designated areas of the golf course; perform semi-skilled construction and maintenance work; and perform related tasks as requested.
1. Operates mowers and string trimmers in trimming greens, apron, tees, around fence lines, banks and hillsides; edges cart paths; edges rakes and maintain sand bunkers.
2. Sets tee markers and cups on greens daily; maintains ball washers; replace towels and flags as needed; remove debris; sands and seed tee divots; and cleans flower beds.
3. Maintains fuel and fluid levels for all types of equipment on a daily basis; reports equipment problems to the Equipment Manager immediately.
4. Returns all equipment to the designated location at the maintenance barn
and cleans the maintenance areas.
5. Waters and fertilize trees, greens and fairways.
6. Manual excavation for irrigation and drainage pipe.
7. Performs other duties as directed by Supervisor.
Physical Requirements: Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time and perform physical labor. Lift minimum of 75 lbs. In season 6 day work week.
Educational Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent.
Age Requirements: Must be at least 18 years of age.
Other Requirements: Knowledge of the tools, methods, and materials used in grounds and landscape area construction and maintenance work. Ability to operate trucks and light motorized equipment. Ability to follow oral and written directions.