Job Title: Groundskeeper
Department: The Fortress
• Groundskeepers, under the supervision of the Assistant Superintendent or Crew Chief, are responsible for the day to day care and maintenance of designated areas of the golf course; perform semi-skilled construction and maintenance work; and perform related tasks as requested.
• Operates mowers and string trimmers in trimming greens, apron, tees, around fence lines, banks and hillsides; edges cart paths; edges rakes and maintain sand bunkers.
• Sets tee markers and cups on greens daily; maintains ball washers; replace towels and flags as needed; remove debris; sands and seed tee divots; and cleans flower beds.
• Maintains fuel and fluid levels for all types of equipment on a daily basis; reports equipment problems to the Equipment Manager immediately.
• Returns all equipment to the designated location at the maintenance barn and cleans the maintenance areas.
• Waters and fertilize trees, greens and fairways.
• Manual excavation for irrigation and drainage pipe.
• Performs other duties as directed by Supervisor.
• Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time and perform physical labor.
• Lift minimum of 75 lbs. In season 6 day work week.
• Knowledge of the tools, methods, and materials used in grounds and landscape area construction and maintenance work.
• Ability to operate trucks and light motorized equipment.
• Ability to follow oral and written directions.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Age Requirements: Must be at least 18 years of age.