By Al Zehnder, CEO of Zehnder’s of Frankenmuth
I certainly support the “stay at home” directive that Michigan is currently operating under until the end of May, but I can’t wait to welcome our guests back to our dining rooms, guest rooms, retail areas and our waterparks.
What this break has allowed us to do is really assess our already aggressive sanitation processes, systems and protocols to provide the safest possible environment for our employees and guests. We’re in the business of safety already, whether we are preparing your meal or our lifeguards are keeping an eye on you in our waterparks.
Behind the scenes:
- Each of our employees, front and back of the house, will be wearing masks.
- Each employee will have their temperature checked before entering our properties .
- Each of our employees will be monitored to ensure consistent, continual and proper hand washing.
- The health of each employee on property will be monitored for any symptoms and sent home or to a health facility as appropriate.
- Proper distancing in our work areas will be enforced.
- Constant and continual sanitation of frequently touched areas, e.g. counters, equipment, door knobs, switches, etc. will be done before, during and after shifts.
- Hand sanitizing stations and hand sanitizer will be readily available.
- COVID-19 training will be mandatory for our 30+ ServSafe certified food service professionals.
- We will encourage those who can work at home to stay at home.
Front of the house and expectations for our guests:
- Guests will be asked to wear a mask when entering our properties and in our public spaces. We will have some available if you need one.
- There will be constant and continual sanitizing of high, front of the house, touch points in bathrooms, guest rooms, public restrooms, lobbies, retail spaces, waterparks, hallways and elevators.
- Disposable menus and seasonings as well as individually packaged or presented condiments and creamers will be available for use.
- We are suspending buffets in our restaurants and food samples in our retail areas.
- You will notice hand sanitizer readily available throughout our properties.
- Guest seating and items left on the table top will be sanitized after each party leaves.
- Dining rooms and waterparks will provide seating to ensure social distance requirements.
- Tee times have been structured to allow additional space between each group of golfers.
- Golfers will not have to handle the flagsticks as our holes have been cut shallower to allow the ball to be near the surface and easily retrieved.
- We are currently adhering to one golfer per cart and each cart will be sanitized after each use.
- We ask that guests adhere to the 6’ social distancing guidelines when in our shops, waterparks, lobbies and public spaces.
- We ask that our guests wash their hands for 20 seconds regularly during their stay.
This is about trust, I get that. We’ve been earning your trust for generations. Just know that when you decide to return, we’ll be ready for you and there’ll be a smile behind the mask.
Al Zehnder, CEO