Zehnder's Trivia and Facts
- Motherís Day, Thanksgiving, Snowfest Weekend and
- Zehnderís is Americaís largest family restaurant.
- Zehnderís restaurant has nine dining rooms with a total seating capacity of 1500 guests.
- On weekends, we serve an average of 9,000 guests, more than 19,000 during the weekÖ approximately one million dinners a year.
- On October 19, 1986, Zehnderís served 5,916 guests, our record so far!
- During 2009, Zehnderís guests consumed 900,000 pounds of chicken, 640 tons of cabbage, 180,000 pounds of mashed potatoes, 130,000 pounds of assorted vegetables, 40 tons of squash, 17,800 pounds of coffee, 26,000 gallons of ice cream, and produced 70,000 loaves of Stollen (fruit) bread.
- For the third consecutive year, Zehnder's served more meals than any independent restaurant in the United States (over 983,500 meals).
- Zehnderís employs more than 750 people, of whom 265 are servers.
- The Zehnder family purchased the Bavarian Haus Motel from Walter and Maria Palmer in 1988 and renamed it Zehnderís Splash Village in 2005.
- In 1992, Zehnderís expanded the hotel to 137 rooms, and added an indoor swimming pool-natatorium, exercise room, game room and garden courtyard.
- In September 2004, a portion of the hotel was demolished to make way for Zehnderís Splash Village Hotel and Waterpark.
- The new facility features 146 rooms including 63 family suites, 125-seat restaurant, 30,000 square foot indoor waterpark, 2,000 square foot arcade, and a new lobby with a gift shop.
- The Fortress golf course was originally a nine-hole facility called the Frankenmuth Golf and Country Club, which was purchased by Zehnderís of Frankenmuth in 1984.
- In 1992, the Frankenmuth Golf and Country Club was converted to The Fortress, an 18-hole championship golf course.
- The Fortress was recognized as one of the top 450 public golf courses to play in the United States, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean by Golf Digest in 1998
weekends in October and November are our busiest days.