Department: The Fortress
Position: Pro Shop Salesperson
Reports To: Pro Shop Supervisor/Groups Coordinator
Function: In absence of Director of Golf, and as directed by Director of Golf, may supervise employees. Register guests for golf, maintaining starting sheet and recording names of all who play.
1. As scheduled, open pro shop for business.
2. Operate point of sale system for all transactions. Collect fees for green fees, cart rentals,
range balls, club rentals, merchandise and tournament entries.
3. Actively ask customers to rent golf carts and assures that carts are rented only to persons
old enough to be licensed drivers, asking for identification when necessary.
4. Direct golfers to the golf carts, first tee and starter.
5. Courteously enforce regulations regarding dress code, carry-on beverages, walk along, etc.
avoid causing conflicts for starters or rangers when “no one said anything in the pro shop.”
Courteously refuse admission or refund money to those who will not abide by regulations.
6. Handle cash accurately and according to established security procedures.
7. Answer telephone; accurately record requests for tee times or group reservations.
8. While on duty, assure that pro shop and surrounding area is neat and clean, that merchandise
is well-arranged, and that all areas of shop and merchandise is free of dust, dirt, and fingerprints.
9. Clean the shop at the end of the day. Vacuum, dust, and arrange merchandise, clean glass
doors, windows, etc. Remove all garbage from both outside and inside containers and recycle
can to appropriate containers. Refill supplies for register area, scorecards, pencils, etc.
10. At the end of a shift, as scheduled by Director of Golf or Pro Shop Coordinator, total daily
receipts and accurately prepare management report and bank deposit. Secure cash in safe.
11. Assist in shop displays and appearances, restocking merchandise on sales floor, receiving and price merchandise.
12. Serve as starter or ranger when needed.
Physical Requirements: Be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time.
Other Requirements: Previous customer service experience. Working knowledge of golf.