Department: Food and Beverage–Main Kitchen
Function: The timely supply of clean and sanitary dishware, glasses, silver, pots and pans to the proper service areas. Additionally, maintenance of the island beverage/soup area, cleaning spills and messes, and the proper tear down of the work area in the evening.
1. The daily set up of the machines in the work area and the cleaning of the previous day’s dirty dishes.
2. Heating of soup cups, plates, odds, and other necessities for the opening of business and replacing them in the proper location for use.
3. The expedient washing of dishware, silver, and glasses during the regular business hours and their replacement in the proper location.
4. Maintains the rules and laws governing proper washing and sanitizing of dishware, as established by the Saginaw County Health Department.
5. Maintains an overall safe and sanitary work area as defined by the Saginaw County Health Department and the State of Michigan safety standards.
6. Maintenance of the island area of the service department; supplying coffee, soup broth, noodles, etc. IN the proper amounts and in a timely fashion.
7. Washing of pots and pans in compliance to the health codes and in proper amounts to user areas.
8. Assists servers/service area in the cleaning of dropped trays and spills.
9. Assists in the salad or hot line in the event of need.
10. Removal of trash, getting laundry, and other such odd jobs.
11. Service of the lower level with foods, dishes, and help as is necessary and in compliance to the policies of Zehnder’s.
12. Proper cleaning of the work area t the end of the evening.
13. Proper cleaning of the dishworker’s restroom area, daily.
14. Any other tasks as assigned by management.
Physical Requirements: Ability to stand and walk continually, lift minimum of 25 lbs.
Age Requirements: Must be 16 years of age or older