Department: Food & Beverage
Position: Cook – Elf Hollow Café
- Set-up of early morning kitchen facilities of the food production equipment as well as the end of shift closing and cleaning duties.
- Review of the special party/event functions.
- Provide necessary production of foods so as to not have uninterrupted flow of product.
- Daily checking the coolers and freezers to insure proper utilization of leftovers and rotation of foods to insure freshness.
- Compliance to the recipe standards and proper portioning of food items.
- Preparation of employee meals.
- Monitor temperatures of food and cooling units on regular basis as prescribed by the Saginaw County Health Department.
- Provide for and insure a safe and hazard free work environment.
- Taste, observe, and correct issues with food production.
- Communicate with Food and Beverage Department.
- Attend departmental meetings as assigned by supervisors.
- Other duties necessary to run an efficient operation.
Physical Requirements: Ability to stand for long periods of time. Ability to lift 40 lbs.
Ability to work at a fast paced, high stress work environment.
Educational Requirements: High school diploma and two years experience in related field.
Other Qualifications: Must be at least 18 years of age.