Department: Main Bar
Function: Responsible for the preparation, serving, and billing of all beverages at the bar or served in the Dining Rooms; maintains stock in the bar area maintains cleanliness of the bar area.
1. Prepares all beverages for serving:
a. Mixes alcoholic drinks, using garnishes when necessary.
b. Uncorks or decants wine, prepares glasses.
c. Serves beer, pours soda.
d. Prepares glasses.
2. Itemizes all sales on cash register, insuring use of proper categories.
3. Serves beverages in Main Bar area or prepares for service by servers; may serve drinks in the Main Dining Room if necessary.
4. Maintains thorough knowledge of products used, especially wines, in order to assist in customer selection.
5. Maintains necessary amount of stock in bar area, replenishing supply of beer, wines, sodas, liquor, and bar supplies as needed.
6. May assist in preparing dining rooms for customer use.
7. Maintains cleanliness of bar area as necessary, wiping table tops and counters, sending dirty glasses, etc. as needed.
8. Maintains a clean and sanitary bar.
9. Responsible for all bar set up and billing on all banquets and cocktail parties.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to walk and stand continually.
Educational Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Age Requirements: Must be at least 18 years of age.
Other Requirements: Minimum 3 months learning period in this position to become familiar with wine stock and cocktail ingredients, pleasing personality.