By Al Zehnder, CEO of Zehnder’s of Frankenmuth
I was walking around the front of our restaurant last week and noticed, once again, how beautiful our flowers are. I know I’m biased but everything; our flower beds, pots, hanging baskets, they all really look great. Colin is our guy in charge of all this beauty. It not only takes a lot of planning but it’s just plain hard work. He happened to be watering one morning when I arrived for work and after I complimented him I asked him if he would just jot down some of our “flower statistics”.
He did and here they are:
• Our chicken topiary in the front of our restaurant contains over 5,000 begonias
• Colin and his one person crew plant 335 flats of flowers – over 5,400 flowers planted
• 18 varieties of Annuals planted
• 12 varieties of Perennials to maintain
• Over 3,600 square feet of beds and planters are maintained at 5 different locations
• Well over 1,000 gallons of water is used each day between irrigation and hand watering
Just a super job of presenting our guests and community with a great first impression of our properties.
If you happen to see Colin in the flower beds, doing what he does best, give him a pat on the back for a job well done. And if you have any questions about flowers, stop and talk he has the answers.
Al Zehnder, CEO of Zehnder’s of Frankenmuth