Department: Food and Beverage- Main Floor Dining
Position: Restaurant Cashier
Reports To: Dining Room Supervisor
Function: Receives cash drawers at beginning of work shifts. Itemizes and totals food and beverage orders, or rings food and beverage checks into register. Collects cash from servers and makes change for cash transactions, checks identification for personal checks and finalizes vouchers for credit cards. May reconcile checks, cash receipts, and charge sales with totals to verify accuracy of transactions at the end of shifts.
• Ensures an accurate counting of all transactions, collections and disbursements during shift.
• Itemizes and totals guest’s food and beverage checks from servers and rings them into register.
• Responsible for knowing what is going on in surrounding areas.
• Collects cash, checks, or charge payments from server. Makes change for cash transactions, checks, and prepares charge voucher for credit card purchases.
• Ensures cashier station is organized and stocked with children’s menus, guest comment cards, Zehnder’s Plus cards, and linen always.
• Ability to remain stationary up to 4 hours.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Basic math skills and the ability to handle money accurately and function a cash register.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.