Job Title: Retail Bakery Clerk
Shifts: 7:45 am – 4:00 pm, 11 am – 7 pm, 3:00 pm – Close, 2 pm-9:30 pm
• Stocking and merchandising the Retail Bakery shelves with signature baked goods.
• Having thorough knowledge of the products we offer to our guests; ingredients, how the products are made and what the price points are on each item.
• Maintain a sanitary work area in accordance with the guidelines issued by the Saginaw County Health Department.
• Maintain a clean and orderly department by adhering to a scheduled routine of cleaning and sweeping, wiping of counters and glass front cases, stocking shelves as directed and when business is slow.
• Maintains attractive “sampler” containers for guest tasting, offering samples and encouraging guests to taste while explaining the products to them.
• Interacting with guests at free standing demo stations set-up for sampling during peak business periods.
• Answer phone calls in area/ assists guests with phone inquiries in a courteous and helpful manner.
• Perform the coffee functions associated with the gourmet coffee – Barista Area
• Is knowledgeable about the specialty coffees and how to prepare them.
• Communicates ideas and information to guests interested in a coffee drink.
• Prepares drinks in accordance to the recipes and procedures.
• Keeps area stocked with all products needed for coffee preparation.
• Maintains a clean and sanitary work station and public table/booth area.
• Trains new staff members in proper recipes and procedures.
• Assists Retail Manager in doing start-of-day/end-of-day functions including left over bread inventory sheets.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Retail Bakery Manager.
• Stand on feet for extended period of time.
• Must be able to work weekends and holidays