Job Title: Server
Department: Food & Beverage – Main Floor Dining Rooms
Status: 20-40 hrs
Shifts: 11:00 am – 4:00 pm, 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm, 4:00 pm – Close
• Prepares for customer’s arrival in Dining Rooms or for private parties:
• Determines their table assignments.
• Sets tables by placing silverware at settings.
• Ensures table has table-tent, bar menu, salt & pepper, and seasonings.
• Serves dinners and beverages to customers:
• When party has been seated takes bar and beverage orders and serves them.
• Takes dinner orders, answering questions regarding menu items as necessary:
• Maintains thorough knowledge of menu items and beverage in order to assist customer with selections.
• Delivers orders to the kitchen.
• Serves dinners according to procedures outlined in training manual; refills beverages and water glasses as necessary.
• Clears table and presents dessert trays for dessert selection.
• Serves dessert, refills beverages and water glasses as necessary.
• Presents check, confirms amount given to pay the check and takes to cashier for guest.
• Clears table upon departure of customer.
• Resets table for next customer.
• Observes all customer service standards set by Zehnder’s.
• Assists in cleaning at end of day:
• Clears all tables of dishes and silverware.
• Changes linens, sets up tables for next day according to procedures in training manual.
• Replaces sugar, salt, pepper, and side dishes.
• Sweeps floors in dining areas when necessary.
• Cleans the waitress service area, beverage service areas, and employee lounge area.
• Assists in maintaining clean and sanitary work areas at all times and eliminates or reports unsafe conditions when necessary.
• Works in a safe manner at all times and eliminates or reports unsafe conditions when necessary.
• Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
Physical Requirements: Ability to stand and walk continually.
Educational Requirements: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Age Requirements: Must be 18 years of age or older.