Chocolate Chip Overload Monster Cookies
(from my grandma, Dru Deterding)
• 1 ½ cups creamy peanut butter
• 1 cup Pioneer brown sugar
• 1 cup Pioneer granulated sugar
• ½ cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
• 3 eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 4 ½ cups old fashioned oats
• 2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1 ½ bags semisweet chocolate chips (I prefer minis)
• 1 bag M&M’s (plus additional ones to place on top)
Preheat oven to 350℉.
Cream butter and sugars then add the peanut butter. Mix in eggs one at a time. Add in vanilla and mix. Add baking soda; stir in oats—may have to add in additional if batter looks too sticky. Mix in chocolate chips and M&M’S. Chill for 1 hour. Scoop into rounded balls using a small or large cookie scoop.
Place additional chocolate chips and M&M’S on top. Bake for 8-12 minutes depending on size of scoop. Will be dry if over baked. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute, then place on cookie rack & enjoy!
Sydney Merrihew, Frankenmuth MI