Posting Date: 02/23/2017
Job Title: Grill – Main Kitchen
Department: Food & Beverage
Shifts: 7:00am – 3:00 pm
11:00am – 7:00pm
2:00 pm – 10:00pm
Filling and portioning condiments for the dining rooms. Such items as tartar sauce, cocktail sauce, and lemons.
Assist in the powdering of perch and veal; additionally to help in the prep of any other food item as requested by the first cook on duty.
The proper stocking of the grill area coolers and freezers in anticipation if the expected daily needs as recorded on the production sheets.
Cooking of noodles, vegetables, and other items that are routine as instructed by the first cook on duty.
Watching the food items of the hot tops so that the quality and freshness of products are maintained.
Function as a food disher in the grill area assisting the first and second cooks when needed and working as a team with them.
Maintain a sanitary work area as directed by the first cooks and in compliance with the Saginaw County Health Department.
Work with the first and second cooks to insure that the grill area is free of hazards that could cause injury or accident.
Assist in the nightly clean up duties of the areas instructed.
Any other duties as assigned by the head chef or the first cook on duty.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time and the ability to lift 40 lbs.
• Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
• Ability to work at a fast paced, high stress work environment.
• Ability to work a variety of shifts and available weekends/holidays.
• Desire to self-improve through continuing education and pursuit to ACF certification.